To increase the life span of your car, you should regularly maintain it. Regularly maintenance reduces;
- The probability of a car breakdown.
- Extend the Life of Your Vehicle: Regular car checks reduces wear and tear of the engine and other components that extend the life of your vehicle.
- Increased Safety: Regular car maintenance reduces the probability of a car breakdown and your car will be in great condition to support your journey.
- Reduced Repair Costs: When you do regular maintenance and checks, It allows you to detect minor problems developing and can be curbed before becoming a major problem. Thus, reducing repair costs as well.
For proper car maintenance, make sure to inspect the following:
- Oil levels: There are several oils in your car ( Engine oil, brake oil and gear oil). You should check these oil levels regularly and make sure they are at the right levels especially before any long road trips. It is one of the most important aspects of car maintenance that you should keep your eye on. Auto experts suggest vehicle owners change their engine oil and oil filters every 3,000 to 5,000 miles or three months. A regular oil change is essential in keeping your engine in good condition.
- Tires: Good tires are integral to a safe and efficient ride, make it a habit to always inspect your tires often. Check the pressure in your tires every month, and before long trips or carrying extra load. Don’t forget the spare.
Fluids: The systems in your vehicle use fluids for functioning. Since they are enclosed in tight chambers, there is no risk of evaporation. However, over time, their levels deplete and the level of protection they offer against friction decreases. A regular check will let you detect this as soon it happens.
Lights (Headlights, Brake and Parking lights)
The lights on your car must be properly functioning, but oftentimes it can be an easy item to overlook. But you should frequently check that both headlights are working properly and well-positioned. Also, ensure both turn signals, parking lights and brake lights are functional.
You must always remember that car maintenance might cost you a few nairas while full repairs and replacements and emergencies can cost more.